Sustainability at Sensoria Dolomites
Our location at the heart of one of the most sensitive ecosystems in the world means that sustainability is a commitment that we take seriously here at Sensoria Dolomites. The tradition of safeguarding what’s been entrusted to us and protecting it for future generations to enjoy means the world to us. Today, tomorrow, and in years to come.
Our Sensoria Dolomites sustainability concept
We act in harmony with nature. We want our principles of social and environmental responsibility to contribute towards making South Tyrol a sustainable tourism destination for the future. They include these measures:
- Waste avoidance according to the minimal-waste principle in the kitchen: Guests at Sensoria Dolomites choose their evening meal in the morning, helping us avoid overproduction and food wastage.
- Use of an environmentally friendly dosage system in our laundry and by our external partners, as well as use of biodegradable detergents
- Use of cotton fabrics throughout our place of spiritual power that have been produced in compliance with Fairtrade International and the Oeko-Tex Standard 100.
- Active avoidance of the use of plastics in all areas
- Creation of meadows and green roofs that are insect-friendly and promote biodiversity
- Use of regional and natural building materials during the conversion (wood from South Tyrolean forests)
- Creation of jobs in the region that stand out thanks to fair pay and attractive benefits. Making Sensoria Dolomites a workplace where people feel secure, accepted, and valued without any form of discrimination is something that’s close to our hearts.
- Working towards retaining cultural diversity in the region so that tourism in the Dolomites remains successful in the long term.
- Training of employees at Sensoria Dolomites to raise awareness of sustainability-related topics.
Why go further afield when we have so much goodness right here on our doorstep? We at Sensoria Dolomites have made it our goal to delight our guests with regional specialities, thereby strengthening local economic cycles and staying future-proof. This allows our guests to enjoy an authentic experience of our region while also enabling us to avoid long transport routes and resource wastage.
- Close cooperation developed over years with local food producers and service providers, strengthening the regional circular economy.
- Foundation of a gourmet festival that focuses on the use of products from around Alpe di Siusi/Seiser Alm. 100% local, 100% seasonal, 100% authentic.